Easy Coconut Ice Cream Recipe
Easy Coconut Ice Cream; if you love coconut, you’ll adore this easy 3-ingredient speedy coconut ice cream recipe! Simply serve it with fruit salad for a taste of the tropics! Recipe courtesy of Kelly Cletheroe of Maverick Baking.
Coconut can be a divisive flavour. Many love its distinctive natural sweetness and chewy flesh, while others loathe it.
However, one thing that’s difficult NOT to love is ice cream. Sweet, creamy and refreshing, it’s a treat on any day but especially delicious and satisfying on a hot summer afternoon!
This surprisingly easy 3-ingredient coconut ice cream may just convert the coconut haters in your life. This ice cream is almost like a gelato, rich and creamy in texture, but with a gorgeously light and refreshing coconut flavour. You don’t need to spend any more than 10 minutes of your own time on it, and the freezer will do the rest of the work for you! No expensive ice cream machines or fancy technology, just a tasty dessert to keep you smiling through the sticky hot summer.
As the summer continues, we are preparing to see a flurry of street festivals and carnivals taking place. These colourful celebrations are always a lot of fun, and with a lot of the idea and inspiration derived from Caribbean roots, it’s a perfect time to celebrate tropical flavours in our food!
Obviously, the humble coconut is a staple of Caribbean cooking. Pairing this lovely coconut ice cream with a zingy tropical fruit salad will help you appreciate the roots of the summer Carnival and festival season. Throw in some fun, colourful Partyrama summer decorations, and you’ll feel like you’re on a gorgeous sunny holiday, without all the hassle of flights and hotel bookings!
To make this easy ice cream and pair it with a fresh fruit salad, simply follow the instructions below.
Ingredients for the easy coconut ice cream:
- 400ml double or whipping cream
- 400g condensed milk
- 250ml coconut cream
Ingredients for the tropical fruit salad:
- Any mix of fresh or tinned tropical fruit, such as: pineapple, mango, papaya, kiwi, banana etc
- Zest of ½ a lime
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes (optional)
How to make the easy coconut ice cream:
- In a large bowl, whip the double cream with an electric whisk until it becomes thick with stiff peaks. Careful not to over-whip though!
- In another bowl, whisk together the coconut cream and condensed milk.
- Add this coconut mixture to the whipped cream and gently stir until combined, making sure not to knock out too much air.
- Pour this mixture into an ice cream tub or another large freezable container, and freeze until you are ready to eat it. It should firm up nicely within 3-4 hours.
- Once frozen into a nice smooth ice cream texture, serve in scoops with the tropical fruit salad.
How to make the tropical fruit salad:
- Simply mix together all the fruit salad ingredients.
- Tip the mixture into an air-tight container and keep in the fridge until ready to serve or serve straight away.
If you you enjoyed this amazing recipe, let us know on our Instagram, Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #partyramauk, and visit Partyrama to buy party supplies, balloons, decorations and lots more!