Union Jack Vanilla & Summer Berry Cheesecake Recipe
Union Jack Vanilla & Summer Berry Cheesecake; a creamy cheesecake dessert fit for a Queen!
With the diamond jubilee, the Queen’s 90th birthday, and this year’s sapphire jubilee both falling within the space of a few years, we’ve plenty of opportunities and reasons to celebrate.
Born in 1926, Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor has ruled the United Kingdom as our Queen for 65 years. That’s a long stretch!
The news is filled with politics and division of late, but this year’s sapphire jubilee can give us a chance to throw a great street party and remember why we love being British together. Look out the bunting, it’s that time of year!
If you plan to throw or attend a party, or you just fancy a fun and tasty dessert to celebrate the jubilee, don’t look any further. This quick and easy, no-bake Union Jack Vanilla & Summer Berry Cheesecake is perfect for a summery occasion.
A crisp buttery biscuit base, topped with a wonderfully light and creamy vanilla cheesecake and fresh British summer berries. This cheesecake is utterly delicious. Arranging the fruit into a Union Jack on the top makes for a pretty and appropriate patriotic topping for this jubilee year!
Decorating your table with fun party supplies, catering supplies, and decorations from Partyrama will bring a real British feel, and act as the perfect means to accompany this Union Jack Vanilla & Summery berry Cheesecake.
To make this dreamy summer dessert, follow the recipe below!
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 100g butter
- 600g full-fat cream cheese
- 130g icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 200ml double cream
- Fresh blueberries and strawberries for decorating
- Prepare a 23-25cm springform tin by lining its base with some greaseproof paper.
- To make the base, bash the biscuits into fine crumbs using either a food processor or a sandwich/freezer bag and a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter and mix it into the biscuit crumbs.
- Tip this mixture into your prepared tin, and press it down firmly into a flat disc.
- Chill the biscuit base in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the cheesecake, mix together your cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth.
- Whip the cream into stiff peaks (taking care not to over-whip it, as it can split!) and then stir it into the cheese mixture.
- Tip this lovely cheesecake mixture onto the chilled, firm biscuit base and smooth it out.
- Arrange the berries on top in the shape of the Union Jack, or any shape you like!
- Chill in the fridge to firm up for 2-3 hours.
- Slice up and enjoy!
If you you enjoyed this amazing recipe, let us know on our Instagram, Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #partyramauk, and visit Partyrama to buy Great Britain Party Supplies for all the decorations, balloons and tableware you need for this special occasion!