Valentine’s Meringue Kisses Recipe
Valentine’s Meringue Kisses; adorable little meringues with crisp shells and chewy insides, sandwiched with sweet strawberry jam and fluffy whipped cream
Love is sweet, but meringues are sweeter.
An underrated treat in our modern world of salted caramel and matcha green tea flavoured cake, meringues are a heavenly hark back to the 1970s and 80s. Without all the shoulder pads and questionable hairstyles, thankfully.
This slightly retro treat deserves a bit of a comeback, especially at times of modern tradition, like Valentine’s Day. Imagine whipping up a batch of these crisp-yet-fluffy meringues for your loved one, and watching them grin as they bite into its soft centre!
These pretty little meringue kisses are squidged together with sweet, ruby red strawberry jam and a pillow of delicious whipped cream. A lovely little bake with festive colours, these are ideal for a romantic occasion, whether with your significant other, or just a tasty treat for yourself!
Decorate with a few lovely adornments from Partyrama, such as pretty paper plates, faux rose petals or love-heart confetti and you’ll have the perfect place to serve up these delicious Valentine’s Meringue Kisses.
To make them, simply follow the recipe below.
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120g caster sugar
- 150ml double cream
- Strawberry jam
- Preheat your oven – 120 C / 100 C fan / 250 F / gas mark 1⁄2
- Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper
- In a large bowl – or the bowl of a food mixer – whisk your egg whites and vanilla with an electric whisk until opaque and stiff
- Continue whisking, adding the sugar a spoonful at a time until the mixture is glossy and holds stiff peaks
- Spoon the meringue mixture into a piping bag or freezer bag, and snip off an edge to allow the mixture to be piped out
- Pipe little swirls of the meringue mixture onto your prepared trays until all the mixture is used up, you should get at least 20 little swirls
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes until the meringues are crisp on the outside, but not browned
- Allow the meringues to cool completely
- Use an electric whisk to whip the double cream to stiff peaks
- Spread a little jam on the underside of one meringue kiss, and some of the whipped cream on the underside of another, and sandwich together
- Repeat until you have sandwiched all the meringues
Sign up to our mailing list for an incredible 10% off discount code to use at Partyrama.co.uk, as well as all the latest products, news, fun and games from the party crew here on the blog!